This website uses cookies. We use cookies to help give you the best experience on our website, deliver our services, personalise content and to analyse traffic. By continuing to use our website, you agree to allow our use of cookies. To know more, please refer to our Cookie Policy, which is part of our Privacy Policy.

Personal Insurance

Home and Contents Insurance

Home and Contents Insurance

Your home is your sanctuary – so make sure you protect it

Your home is far more than a physical asset. Home is safety, security, familiarity and comfort – so an extreme weather event, accident or home invasion could cost you more than a material loss.

That’s why it makes good sense to help protect your precious home with quality insurance – and make sure you have the right type and amount of cover to help keep your home and possessions safe.

What do you need to know?

  • Who should consider it?

    If your home and its contents were damaged or destroyed or your possessions stolen, and you couldn’t afford to replace them yourself, you should consider home and contents cover. 

    If you have a mortgage, your bank usually requires that you have home insurance over your home. But even if you own your home outright or have an investment property you should consider some type of home insurance.

  • What can it cover?

    Depending on your policy Home Insurance can include:

    • Home Insurance: covers your building against things like flood, fire, explosion, natural disasters such as earthquake, storms or lightning strikes, damage by vandalism or break-in, and liability to third parties.
    • Contents Insurance: protects your valuable possessions, such as furniture, electronic items, whitegoods, sporting equipment and jewellery – so you can repair or replace them if they are damaged or stolen.

  • What isn't covered

    There are exclusions. There is also often a deductible or excess and limits on cover, so check with your Steadfast insurance broker.

  • Product Disclosure Statement

    A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) is available for home and contents insurance and can be obtained from a Steadfast insurance broker.

    You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, home and contents insurance.

Find a Steadfast Broker

Get the right advice at the right price and have a local Steadfast broker on your team.

Case Study

A dream home lost to bushfire

Angela and Lee's dream home is destroyed by bushfire

When business owners Angela and Lee moved into their dream home in the bush after a lifetime of living in the city, they turned to their broker to find them the right home and contents policy. 

Their broker helped work out how much they’d need to replace the home and its contents, taking into account the extra costs associated with rebuilding in a bushfire affected area.

Their dream became a nightmare one year later when bushfires raged through the area and they had to evacuate their home, leaving with not much more than a suitcase. The fire destroyed their home and all their possessions.

They successfully claimed on their insurance, and had their home rebuilt and replaced their furniture.